As a follow-up to my 2-Way Meatloaf recipe I did awhile back, I substituted buttered popcorn for oatmeal as the meatloaf binder. This was the first time I used popcorn in meatloaf and it turned out buttery, sweet, and cheesy. Here's the recipe:
1/2 onion, sauteed in olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of buttered popcorn that has been put in a food processor(that didn't really work well for me, so if you want you could just crush the popcorn by hand. Although I was told by my dad that's unsanitary...)
4 caramel cubes, chopped into smaller pieces(not for diabetics!)
2/3 cup of cheddar cheese(I used mild cheddar cheese, but you could use sharp cheese if you want)
1/2 cup ketchup
Pinch of kosher salt
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Wash your hands! :)
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Add sauteed onion, beaten eggs, buttered popcorn, cheddar cheese, ketchup, and kosher salt in large bowl.
4. Mix all of those ingredients together.
5. Spray nonstick cooking spray on lasagna pan.
6. Form two loaves in the lasagna pan, using your washed hands.
7. Add caramel cubes to the loaves.
8. Cook in oven for 40-45 minutes.
9. Bon Appetit!