He's a traditionalist when it comes to anything regarding edible things.
This is either a really great way or a really terrible way to get your kids to eat more vegetables, depending on your taste. Homemade cereal is an acquired taste, in my opinion.
For the cooking vessels, you will need:
1 large bowl
Baking sheet or cookie tray
Nonstick cooking spray
For the actual cereal, you will need:
1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cups of spinach powder(you can find that at http://www.americanspice.com/spinach-powder/)
1/4 cup of honey
2 tbsp. of milk
Pinch of salt
1. Put first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Break the avocado with either a knife or with your hands into smaller pieces. Put the chopped up or squished avocado into the large bowl.
3. Mix all the ingredients together until you get a green, crumbly dough.
4. Line baking sheet or cookie tray with parchment paper.
5. Spray baking sheet or cookie tray with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Form little dots from the cereal dough onto the parchment paper. You may need to make 2 batches. I had to.
7. First bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 10 minutes.
8. Take cereal out of oven. After letting it cool, turn each cereal piece over to ensure that all sides of the cereal pieces get cooked and one side doesn't get burned.
9. Put back into the oven at the same temperature(350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 12-15 minutes.
10. Bon appetit!