I found a safe egg substitute in the form of unsweetened applesauce. The rule of thumb is: 1 egg = 1/3 cups unsweetened applesauce. To me, unsweetened applesauce tastes sweet, which is weird. I could eat that applesauce out of the jar if I had the applesauce munchies!
Not surprisingly, the meatloaf turned out cold, watery and bland, so you might want to have something crunchy to go along with this meatloaf, like cereal. At least the marshmallows made some of the meatloaf tolerable at best.
I didn't use sauteed onions because refrigerating them only overpowers the cereal flavor of the meatloaf.
You will need:
For the cooking vessels:
Just a lasagna pan
For the actual meatloaf:
2/3 cups of unsweetened applesauce
1 cup of cereal(I used Lucky Charms cereal, as the picture on Instagram used Lucky Charms)
1 pound of chopped, drained, firm tofu
Pinch of salt
5-6 ice cubes
1. Wash your hands! :)
2. Put the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix the ingredients up, like with your hands.
4. Form 2 loaves in a lasagna pan(you don't need nonstick cooking spray for this recipe)
5. Put the ice cubes inside the loaves.
6. Put the loaves in the refrigerator for an hour to let the ice melt and for the meatloaf to set.
7. If there are any solid ice cubes left at the time of serving, remove them from the meatloaf before eating.
8. Bon appetit!