But you don't taste any chocolate in the sauce at all! However, you do taste lots of spices, perhaps maybe too much spices...
This was my first time making a meatloaf based on a bona fide Indian dish. One of my first videos was a meatloaf using curry powder but the overall meatloaf wasn't Indian in nature.
The meatloaf turned out a little dry. In the video, I attributed it to the sauce evaporating in the oven but now that I think about it, it's probably because the meat I used(98% ground chicken breast) was so lean. But I thought I added enough liquids in the meatloaf to keep it moist.
You can dip the meatloaf in the Chocolate Tikka Masala sauce(just be sure to have a glass of milk nearby because it's spicy!), ketchup, or ranch dressing(the latter two if you're not into spicy condiments).
The meatloaf looked like fried chicken for some reason- maybe it was the turmeric I put in because turmeric makes any food a golden color(and makes for a natural yellow food coloring).
HELPFUL LINK: Lay's Indian Tikka Masala potato chips:
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A frying pan
A large saucepot with a lid
A large bowl
A lasagna pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the Chocolate Tikka Masala sauce:
1/2 an onion
1 jalapeno pepper
Olive oil for sautéing
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
8 ounces of tomato sauce
8 ounces of chocolate yogurt
2 tsp. of cayenne pepper
1 tsp. of cinnamon
2 tsp. of black pepper
2 tsp. of cumin
2 tsp. of paprika
3/4 tsp. of ground ginger
1 tbsp. of dried cilantro
1/2 tsp. of salt, or to taste
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
1 tbsp. of butter
For the meatloaf:
2 beaten and whisked eggs
3/4 cup of Chocolate Tikka Masala sauce
Pinch of turmeric
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of ground ginger
Pinch of paprika
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of dried cilantro
Pinch of salt
1 cup of crushed Lay's Tikka Masala potato chips(see HELPFUL LINK)
1 pound of 98% ground chicken breast
Chocolate Tikka Masala sauce, ketchup, or ranch dressing for dipping the meatloaf in(optional)
How to make the chocolate tikka masala sauce:
1. Sautee the first three sauce ingredients in a frying pan with olive oil in it until the onion is translucent.
2. Put the sauteed food into a large saucepot.
3. Add the next 12 sauce ingredients into the large saucepot. Mix all the ingredients up to integrate the spices into the sauce.
4. Bring the saucepot to a boil. Once it's boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer, put the lid on top of the saucepot, and let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add and mix the butter into the simmered sauce. Top with dried cilantro(optional).
How to make the chocolate chicken tikka masala meatloaf:
1. Put the beaten and whisked eggs into a large bowl.
2. Add 3/4 of the Chocolate Tikka Masala sauce to the large bowl, along with all the other meatloaf ingredients.
3. Mix all the ingredients up until all the ingredients are distributed evenly among the meatloaf mixture.
4. Spray a lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Form 2 loaves in the lasagna pan from the meatloaf mixture.
6. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 60-65 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaves reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. If the meatloaf is too dry for you, dip it in either the Chocolate Tikka Masala sauce, ketchup, or ranch dressing. Bon appetti!