This is literally making chocolate eggs with real eggs. I can't believe nobody has done this before. You get a mix of sweet and savory notes from these eggs, plus the hardened chocolate falls right off the egg! In addition, you get a protein boost from the gold chocolate-covered eggs, since the stuff in the gold chocolate that isn't melted are peanuts and pretzels, so that's pretty cool.
This is a super simple recipe to make. My dad didn't know whether to think this was breakfast or dessert.
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
3 small bowls
For the eggs:
6 chilled, hard-boiled eggs(preferably store-bought)
White chocolate melts
Milk chocolate melts
2 Hershey's Gold chocolate bars
1. Break apart the gold chocolate bars into a small bowl. Put the white chocolate melts and milk chocolate melts each into a small bowl.
2. Melt each of the chocolates in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. If the chocolate isn't completely melted, melt the chocolates further in 15 second intervals until completely melted.
3. Dip 2 eggs into the melted white chocolate, 2 eggs into the melted milk chocolate, and 2 eggs into the melted gold chocolate.
4. Coat each of those eggs fully in the chocolate before putting them onto a plate. Top the white chocolate and milk chocolate eggs with sprinkles.
5. Put the eggs in the fridge to let the chocolate harden for 20-30 minutes.