When I see some other YouTuber making a recipe using food coloring, I always have the urge to make that same recipe and use gray food coloring instead, just to disgust people.
I pretty much will eat anything that isn't:
- Bodily fluids
- The spiciest peppers in the world and bell peppers
- An endangered species
- Or any animal that is commonly kept as a pet(except for turtles, if only to spite my sister who had a pet tortoise years ago).
The grilled cheese sandwich ended up tasting like your ordinary grilled cheese sandwich, though it looked like I was eating paint! I haven't eaten actual paint since i was in preschool(but haven't we all eaten paint at 3 or 4 years old?).
Based on HellthyJunkFood's video, mozzarella cheese didn't work, so don't use that instead of white cheddar cheese, or any cheese not white in color!
HELPFUL LINK: Gray Food Coloring:
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A frying pan
2 small bowls
Gloves to protect your hands from staining
A fork and spatula to flip the sandwich over
For the food:
1 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese
1/3 cup of milk
2 different types of gray food coloring(see HELPFUL LINK)
2 slices of bread
Fries to eat with the sandwich
1. Heat the frying pan up. Put the stove on medium heat. Pour the cheese and milk into the frying pan. Mix both together until the cheese is fully melted and the milk has mixed in with the melted cheese.
2. Pour the cheese mixture into 2 small bowls.
3. Put 2-3 drops of gray food coloring in each small bowl. Use 2 different shades of gray food coloring to get that galaxy appearance(I used taupe and stone food coloring).
4. Mix the food coloring in with the cheese mixture in each bowl until it's fully gray in color.
5. Pour the taupe colored cheese in with the stone colored cheese(or whatever shade of gray you're using). Mix the 2 colors together.
6. Pour olive oil into a frying pan and spread the oil around the pan. Heat the oil up by turning the stove on.
7. Once the oil is heated up, put 1 slice of bread into the frying pan. Then only pour enough gray cheese to cover the top of the slice of bread.
8. Top the gray cheese with the 2nd slice of bread. Let the sandwich cook for 20-30 seconds before turning it over.
9. Flip the sandwich over with a fork and spatula. Let the sandwich cook for 20-30 seconds on the other side.
10. Turn the stove off and put the sandwich onto a plate with some fries.
11. Cut the sandwich in half. Pour any remaining gray cheese on top of the sandwich and fries.
12. Bon appetit!