But I didn't think I could find a recipe to make a mamey quick bread until I stumbled onto this link: http://www.bryannebitestheworld.com/mamey-zapote-bread/.
Thank you Bryanne Bites the World!
You may be wondering why this bread has holes in it. The loaf around the edges cooked but not the middle of it. I don't know why so I just removed the raw dough from the loaf.
You will need:
For the cooking vessels:
A large bowl
A medium bowl
A loaf pan
Nonstick cooking spray
Baking sheet or cookie tray
For the actual bread, you will need:
1 ripe mamey fruit
1 cup of sour cream(preferably full fat)
3/4 cup of butter
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. of salt
2 tbsp. of baking powder
1. Extract the mamey fruit inside using a knife or your fingers.
2. Put the sour cream, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and mamey fruit into a medium bowl.
3. Mix the ingredients up using a large spoon.
4. Set this bowl of wet ingredients aside.
5. Put the last four ingredients into a large bowl.
6. Mix these dry ingredients up using a large spoon. All of the dry ingredients are white so it's kind of hard to tell when you are done mixing them up. But do your best.
7. Put the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
8. Mix all the ingredients up until you get a sticky dough using a spoon. At some point, using the spoon won't help. At this point. flour your hands. Then knead the dough to distribute all the ingredients evenly.
9. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure you spay the edges of the loaf pan as well.
10. Pour the dough into the loaf pan.
11. Smooth the top of the dough using a spoon.
12. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45-60 minutes.
13. Let the loaf rest for 20 minutes.
14. Bon appetit!