I used my mamey coulis for the filling, so check out the recipe to that.
You will need:
For the cooking vessels:
A pizza cutter
A baking sheet or cookie tray
Nonstick cooking spray
A rolling pin or wine/beer bottle
A medium bowl
For the actual Pop Tarts, you will need:
1 store bought, refrigerated pie crust
5 tbsp. of the mamey coulis
For the icing, you will need:
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 tbsp. of milk
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
Some pink food coloring
Sprinkles to put on top of the pop tarts
1. Unroll the pie crust and flatten out the edges.
2. Cut a large rectangle from the pie crust using a pizza cutter.
3. Set the edges of the pie crust aside.
4. Cut the rectangle into 8 smaller rectangles.
5. Put 1 tbsp. of mamey coulis each on 4 of the rectangles.
6. Top the coulis-topped rectangles with the other rectangles.
7. Crimp the edges of each Pop Tart using a fork. Don't worry if any of the coulis oozes out.
8. Spray baking sheet or cookie tray with nonstick cooking spray.
9. Put each of the Pop Tarts onto the baking sheet using a spatula.
10. Form the set aside pie crust into 1 ball.
11. Flatten the ball using a rolling pin or wine/beer bottle
12. Repeat step 2.
13. Discard the remaining pie crust edges.
14. Cut rectangle in half.
15. Put 1 tbsp. of mamey coulis on 1 of the smaller rectangles.
16. Repeat steps 6, 7, and 9.
17. Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
18. Let the Pop Tarts cool for 10 minutes.
For the icing:
1. Mix the sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and pink food coloring in a medium bowl until you get a pink icing.
19. Pour icing onto each Pop Tart
20. Decorated each Pop Tart with sprinkles.
21. Let the icing and sprinkles harden on the Pop Tarts for 5 minutes.
22. Bon appetit!