Other than that, all the components of a great meatloaf dinner are there, in the form of tacos: ground beef, mashed potatoes(although I only had mashed sweet potatoes at the time, so I used those instead), ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and baby carrots.
Because this is the go-to option for when you're stuck between on whether to have meatloaf or tacos for dinner!
This is a surprisingly easy recipe. My dad said this recipe is right up there with the Honey Graham Sauerbraten I made him last Father's Day! But he didn't care for having mashed sweet potatoes in his tacos. Even when I make meatloaf hybrid recipes, he is an ardent meatloaf traditionalist!
I used a taco kit to make this recipe but you can just buy the ingredients separately too.
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A baking tray
A large bowl
For the tacos(I didn't use measurements for most of the ingredients this time because it's all up to you when it comes to how much you want of each ingredient in your tacos and sauce):
1 pound of browned, drained ground beef
3/4 cup of water
Taco or meatloaf seasoning packet
Mild taco sauce
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
Chopped up baby carrots
Mashed sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes
Breadcrumbs for garnish
1. Put the ground beef, water, and seasoning packet into a saucepot. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Bring the liquid in the saucepot to a boil. Once the liquid is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Put however many taco shells you want onto a baking tray and warm them up in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
4. Put however many flour tortillas you want onto a plate and warm them up in the microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Mix mild taco sauce, sour cream, ketchup, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl to your liking. This will be our Meatloaf Taco sauce.
6. For the taco shell tacos, spoon beef mixture, mashed sweet potatoes, shredded cheese, chopped up baby carrots, breadcrumbs, and Meatloaf Taco sauce into the inside of the taco shells.
7. For the flour tortillas, spoon beef mixture, mashed sweet potatoes, shredded cheese, chopped up baby carrots, breadcrumbs, and Meatloaf Taco sauce into the center of each tortilla. Fold the tortillas into a taco shape.
8. Bon appetit!