This channel has reached over 200 subscribers! So in honor of us reaching that milestone, here's a 200-year old recipe(see what I did?) for you!
It's called Roman Punch(not to be confused with the finishing move of the WWE wrestler Roman Reigns- that's actually called a Superman Punch. As you can see, I'm a big pro wrestling fan!).
When I looked at an image from the page I got my inspiration from(https://food52.com/recipes/7635-nineteenth-century-roman-punch), the drink is clearly yellow. My finished product is brown- that's because I either used more orange juice than the original recipe called for, I used a mixture of molasses and pineapple juice to make a nonalcoholic version of rum and the molasses is almost a black color, and/or I FORGOT THE "CHAMPAGNE"(white sparkling grape juice)!
Oh well, but the end result turned out refreshing and tasty anyway.
I didn't want to make nor eat my own meringue(it's made from raw eggs people!) and I couldn't find meringue cookies at my local supermarket, but since it's summer, I found a lemon meringue pie, removed the meringue tops from the pie, and then put the meringue tops on top of the drink!
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
A medium bowl
Cups or glasses
For the drink:
2 cups of lemonade
1 cup of orange juice
1/8 cup of lemon juice
12 ounces of pineapple juice
Molasses to taste
Vanilla or almond extract to taste
Either meringues from the top of a lemon meringue pie, meringue cookies, or your own meringue
1. Mix the first 3 ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Mix the pineapple juice, molasses, and almond or vanilla extract in a medium bowl to your liking. This is your nonalcoholic rum.
3. Mix the nonalcoholic rum with the lemonade mixture in the large bowl.
4. Spoon the combined liquid into cups or glasses.
5. Put a meringue top, meringue cookie, or your own meringue on top of the liquid in the cup or glass. Bon appetit!