I try not to waste food if I can help it and cupcakes are kinda close to cakes, so I thought this recipe might work. It did but I needed a lot more than the 1/2 cup all-purpose flour in that link- I needed double that amount. But that's probably because either there's not much flour in cupcake mix or I used a lot of beer(12 ounces worth, to be exact). But hey, at least I had enough batter to make pancakes for 3 meals!
I used way too much cocoa powder- 2 tsp. instead of 2 tbsp. would've been sufficient because the pancakes itself don't remind one of Samoa Girl Scout cookies. These pancakes need toppings that have all the flavors of such a cookie to make it pop, like shredded coconut, chocolate syrup, chocolate sprinkles, and roasted coconut butter(which is the caramel flavor for this recipe).
Oh, did I mention there's beer in the pancakes? Say what!? I found chocolate caramel coconut beer at a supermarket near my day job that is almost certainly inspired by Samoa cookies(or German Chocolate Cake, which is also chocolate, caramel, and coconut, but they also had chocolate peanut butter beer available from the same makers of the chocolate caramel coconut beer, which has almost certainly gotta be inspired by Tagalong cookies!). Of course, not all of the beer cooks out during its short stint in the frying pan, so I wouldn't recommend serving the pancakes to children, unless you replace beer with milk.
Not only does chocolate keep my dad up at night, he doesn't like beer in his pancakes, which is why he didn't try them.
These pancakes reminded me of something I'd get at IHOP in that they have lots of toppings, they're flavorful, they're decadent, and really sweet. If you want to save money on gas but still want decadent pancakes, then this recipe is for you!
Roasted Coconut Butter:
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
A soup ladle
A frying pan
For the pancakes:
1 1/2 cups caramel coconut cupcake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 beaten and whisked eggs
2 tsp. cocoa powder
2 tbsp. caramel coffee creamer
2 tbsp. shredded coconut
2 tbsp. roasted coconut butter(see HELPFUL LINK)
12 oz. chocolate caramel coconut beer(or plain milk for nonalcoholic pancakes)
1/4 cup caramel crunch cereal
3 crumbled up Samoa Girl Scout cookies
Olive oil for frying the pancakes
For the toppings:
Roasted coconut butter
Samoa cookie for garnish
1. Put all the pancake ingredients into a large bowl. Mix all the ingredients up until you get a thick batter.
2. Pour olive oil into a frying pan. Spread the oil throughout the pan. Turn the stove on to heat the oil up.
3. Once the oil is heated up, spoon pancake batter into the frying pan with a soup ladle. Make sure all the pancakes have their own borders in the frying pan.
4. Cook the pancakes for 30-45 seconds before flipping them over on the other side with a spatula.
5. Cook the pancakes for 30-45 seconds on the other side. Once the pancakes are done cooking, put them on a plate.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for multiple batches(I made 7 batches of pancakes).
7. Stack as much pancakes as you want on a plate. Top the pancakes with all the toppings mentioned. Bon appetit!