Unfortunately, zucchini is out of season where I am, so my dad reluctantly agreed to have me spiralize green squash(which look the closest to zucchin) instead.
Personally, I thought I wasn't going to like this dish because of the clams inside the cans of white clam sauce(I hate canned clams, but not the fresh kind), but i was pleasantly surprised by how delicious it was. I also thought this dish wouldn't fill me up, as it's just a veggie covered in a sauce- I mean, how can that be a meal? Well it filled me up, thanks to the clams and some garlic bread I ate off-camera!
My dad loved this dish and he said this was the best present I ever made him(cue the aww's)!
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A frying pan
A microwave-safe dish
A soup ladle
For the edible stuff:
3-4 green squash or zucchini
Olive oil for sauteeing
20 oz. white clam sauce
1.Set the spiralizer with the spaghetti blade. Insert the squash in the spiralizer.
2. Crank the handle of the spiralizer and have the noodles land on a plate. Don't crank too hard, otherwise the spiralizer will stop sticking to the surface! Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the remaining green squash.
3. Pour olive oil into a frying pan and spread the oil throughout the interior of the pan. Turn the stove on to heat the oil up.
4. Once the oil is heated up, place just enough noodles so that there's room to move them around the pan. If you like, you can add onion powder or parsley to season the noodles as they're sauteeing.
5. Saute the noodles by moving them throughout the pan for 20-30 seconds. Then put the noodles onto a plate. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the remaining squash.
6. Microwave your white clam sauce for 2-2 1/2 minutes in a microwave-safe dish. Ladle the sauce onto each plate of noodles. Bon appetit!