In the video, I used way too much salt so I ended up pouring the entire 20 oz. bottle of soda into the stew to offset the saltiness. But the stew didn't taste salty at all so I think the extra soda did the trick.
This video is similar to the Stew Made With Black Soda!? video I made, in that I got both limited edition sodas from a local copycat Panera Bread near my day job. Also, this is the final video filmed before my liver resection, which means the next video I upload will be the first brand new recipe in over a month!
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large saucepot with a lid
A small bowl
For the stew:
2 cups green soda(I used Mountain Dew Baja Blast)
2 cups beef or bison broth
16 oz. dark red kidney beans
10 oz. BBQ potatoes
10 oz. mixture of yellow, orange, & purple carrots
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of onion powder
Pinch of allspice
Pinch of marjoram
For the thickener:
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1. Put all stew ingredients into the large saucepot. Mix all the ingredients up so the spices aren't floating on the surface.
2. Bring the stew to a boil on the stove. As the stew is boiling, cover the saucepot with the lid.
3. Once the stew is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the stew simmer for 45 minutes.
4. While the stew is simmering, mix the thickener ingredients in a small bowl.
5. When the stew is done simmering, turn the stove off and pour the thickener into the stew. Bring the stew to a boil again. Cover the saucepot with the lid as the stew is boiling.
6. Once the stew is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the stew simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
7. Shut the stove off, take the lid off of the saucepot, and let the stew cool off at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
8. Serve with wonton strips or garlic bread. Bon appetit!