This is my version of all my favorite foods to eat on Thanksgiving on one homemade pizza. I normally don't like gravy but I couldn't spread just cranberry sauce(which is actually a gelatin and not a sauce) onto the crust, so I mixed it with some gravy.
The best part a green bean casserole is not the green beans- it's the French-fried onions on top! Similarly, the best part of candied yams isn't the yams(though those are good too)- it's the marshmallows on top!
Unlike other Thanksgiving pizza recipes you can find on the Internet, this one has a crust made from sweet potato flour, which I found out existed when I looked at this good website: http://www.anti-grain.com/index.html
I found a similar product on Amazon that I used:
HELPFUL LINK: Sweet Potato Flour: https://www.amazon.com/Z%C3%B3calo-Peru-Sweet-Potato-Flour/dp/B0032BYMJE/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481402909&sr=8-2&
Though I tasted more pumpkin than sweet potato in the final product- I used canned pumpkin in the making of the crust, because a traditional Thanksgiving dinner isn't complete without a pumpkin pie!
You will need:
For the cooking equipment:
A large bowl
A baking sheet
Nonstick cooking spray
A medium bowl
For the crust:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sweet potato flour(see HELPFUL LINK)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of allspice
To top the pizza:
Gravy to taste(I used turkey gravy)
Cranberry sauce to taste
2-4 oz. cold cut turkey breast
How to make the crust:
1. Put all the crust ingredients into a large bowl Knead the dough on a kitchen counter or in the large bowl until the dough is orange in color.
2. Put parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Put the dough onto the parchment paper. Flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thick either with the palm of your hands or a rolling pin.
4. Bake the crust in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10-20 minutes, or until the dough is fully cooked.
To top the pizza:
1. Mix the gravy and cranberry sauce together in a medium bowl until the cranberry sauce has been mashed and incorporated into the gravy to form something that looks like s sauce.
2. Pour only enough gravy-cranberry sauce onto the sweet potato flour crust to leave the edges of the crust uncovered.
3. Top the gravy-cranberry sauce with the turkey breast, stuffing, French-fried onions, and marshmallows.
4. Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 3-5 minutes.
5. Bon appetit!