Yes, I put them in a meatloaf. Even though I will never cook with any kind of truffle oil ever again. That stuff may taste acceptable but it smells horrible. Normally, I put 1/2 cup of some sort of sauce or liquid in my meatloaf. Not this time, due the truffle oil's offending smell. I only used 1 tbsp. of that stuff. Most of the moisture in the meatloaf comes from the unsweetened applesauce, which I used in lieu of eggs. Unsweetened applesauce tastes a lot better than truffle oil.
I now understand why Jet Tila hates when chefs on Cutthroat Kitchen use truffle oil in their dishes.
I used the West Coast Truffle Fries hot pocket I made in the meatloaf, but I noticed even when I cooked it, the dough was still raw. I apologize for the dough looking raw in the video. I have come to the conclusion that instead of parbaking a hot pocket, you should just:
1. Fully cook your hot pockets
2. Let them cool off
3. Put them in plastic bags in the freezer
4. Thaw them out for 4-5 hours at room temperature when you want to eat them. 5. Heat them up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. You know, just like the hot pockets you get from the store.
I think that might be a better technique, especially if you are going to have any meat products in your filling.
The texture of the meatloaf was crumbly and reminded me of a muffin. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you, but it's not firm like a traditional meatloaf. I still call it a meatloaf because it is a loaf with a protein source(tofu).
You will need:
For the cooking vessels:
A lasagna pan
Nonstick cooking spray
For the actual meatloaf:
2/3 cups of unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cups of Parmesan-Romano cheese
1 tbsp. of black truffle oil
1 tbsp. of garlic powder
1 tbsp. of parsley
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
About a dozen steak fries
1 West Coast Truffle Fries hot pocket
1 cup of crumbled up West Coast Truffle Fries potato chips(about 20 potato chips, but potato chips are not all uniform in size, so your mileage may vary)
1 pound of chopped, drained, firm tofu
Technique for crumbling up potato chips:
1. Put potato chips in a plastic bag
2. Seal the plastic bag
3. Smash the potato chips using your fist or a hammer. Note: it's a really good anger management tool because they only things that are harmed are the potato chips.
1. Wash your hands! :)
2. Put the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Crumble up the steak fries and hot pocket.
4. Put those crumbled items into the large bowl.
5. Add the crumbled potato chips and tofu to the large bowl.
6. Mix all ingredients using your hands so the ingredients are distributed evenly among the mixture.
7. Spray lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray.
8. Form 2 loaves
9. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 20-25 minutes(see explanation below).
10. Bon appetit!
Explanation for the short cooking time: I researched how to cook with black truffle oil online and found out exposing it to high heat during the cooking process isn't recommended. But I need to have that ingredient in this recipe. Otherwise, it wouldn't be truffle fries, which is why I used applesauce instead of eggs. You don't run the risk of getting sick from consuming raw eggs.